The Purchasing and Shared Services (PASS) Program maintained by PolymerOhio Network for its members is all about saving money. Over a dozen vendors participate and offer their goods and services at discount to polymer industry companies. With the economy still struggling, the idea of saving some money on items needed to conduct business has a lot of appeal.
PolymerOhio negotiates a volume purchase agreement with each of the PASS program vendors, so that PolymerOhio Network companies can remain more competitive and increase their growth rate by offsetting some of the daily cost of operations and re-routing those funds into activities that help the business survive and thrive.
Recent additions to this market-savvy program include PCX Energy Services LLC, Univenture Corp., and Huntington Insurance. Questline is the latest addition to the growing list of companies and service providers that are eager to provide discounted rates to PolymerOhio Network participants.
PCX provides energy and sustainability services and helps companies connect real savings with their energy efficiency sustainability and green initiatives.
Univenture provides packaging from such “green” materials as polylactic acid – for CD jewel covers, notebooks, and containers.
Huntington Insurance provides diversified insurance for businesses, employees, and professionals. Huntington provides full service insurance services offering association group health plans, property and liability coverage, and workers compensation group rating programs.
Questline provides customized one-on-one technical and business-oriented information to clients of participating companies, often via e-newsletters. Questline offers the ability for companies to create periodic newsletters to drive brand awareness and track program’s effectiveness.
Here is a list of the companies participating in the PASS program and the goods or services they offer at discount:
- OfficeMax and OfficeMax Impress – office Supplies, paper, toner, furniture & equipment AND Copying and Digital Printing Services
- Civicom – low-cost conferencing and web presentations
- StrategyStreet.com – Internet-based strategic planning to improve market share and profit
- RTi – Resin processing with real time key market information and ongoing plan to help them reduce resin and colorant costs
- Innis Maggiore – marketing, advertising, and public relations services
- United Shippers Alliance™ – combine shipment loads to economize on freight costs
- Aramark – uniform rental and purchase
- Summit Consortia Management, Ltd. – auto/truck leasing
- ORR Safety – safety products for industry and manufacturing.
For more information on how your company can become part of the Ohio Polymer Network and participate in the PASS program, contact PolymerOhio, Inc., 155 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 8
Westerville, Ohio 43082, or phone: (614) 776-5720, or visit http://www.polymerohio.org.
PolymerOhio, Inc. is a polymer industry-specific Ohio Edison Technology Center, which is funded by the Ohio Department of Development. PolymerOhio focuses on enhancing the global competitiveness of the polymer industry, including companies from the plastics, rubber, bioproducts, and advanced materials segments. For more information, polymerohio.org